Checking in to The Beehive was a breeze – we were buzzed in and check in took no more than 10 minutes. We were there well before our rooms were ready, so Linda let us keep our many bags in their front office area, which was so nice. When we got back to The Beehive after a long tour, we were so happy to find that our bags were already in our room. We were so thankful!
Just outside of the reception area is the common space – I loved this aspect of The Beehive. It was the perfect place to sit down in the morning and sip your coffee while planning your day, or even just to hang out and take a minute to slow down after a long day walking all over the city.
Just below the reception area, you’ll find the the cafe. Ginger, my mother in law had a cappuccino here one morning, but unfortunately, I did not try anything. I really wish I would have!
Bright and clean rooms is what you will find when staying in The Sweets. Before I mention anything else, let me just tell you this: THE AC WAS AMAZING. We woke up cold in the morning, which did not happen at any of our other hotels and apartments while in Italy. This was so nice because we are used to sleeping in very cold air at home. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean and tidy, and the balcony was a fantastic touch – that had to be my favorite part of the room! The Sweets also included a little common space with seating and a kitchen – although we did not use it much, I really loved this touch!
Like I mentioned above, I didn’t get a chance to try the cafe, but when I went down there, everything looked (and smelled) amazing! I really wish I would have stayed longer so that I would have had the chance to try it.
WHAT I LOVED
- The outside area – It seriously felt like a secret garden and it was so relaxing and comfortable!
- The patio/balcony on our room – This touch was so nice because we could sit out on the patio and watch the Rome sun set, or just chill out after a long day.
- THE AC – A Georgia girls dream AC!
- The people – Everyone we met at The Beehive was SO nice and accommodating. We were welcomed with open arms, which is so nice when you are in a city that you have never been to before.
- The location – Since we only had a couple of days in Rome, it was so nice being close to the train station. The area felt safe, too, which is always a good thing!
If you are headed to Rome, I would definitely recommend checking out The Beehive. We had a fantastic stay! Also, if you are headed to Rome, don’t forget to check out my Rome Travel Guide here!