The holidays are right around the corner and if you are anything like me, that means you will be busier than a bee! This year, I am really trying to make things less stressful on myself, so I decided to go ahead and create my shopping list for Christmas, make my Thanksgiving plans & also come up with a quick and easy recipe to have on the weekdays when I am extremely rushed. This recipe is perfect for the parents that rush around to get out the door in the mornings, or even for the college student that doesn’t have time to make lunch or dinner because they have to study for exams at school. Ian and I love to make breakfast bakes with eggs, sausage, and other fun ingredients, but they take forever to make and I just don’t have that kind of time! Luckily, we found this new sausage at Walmart called Brown ‘N Serve! It is already cooked, so you just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds, or on the stove for 3 minutes & once you throw all of your other ingredients together, you can bake your quiches while you are getting ready in the morning! How convenient?! My husband, Ian loves these so much that he takes them for lunch & it gets him through the day because it is so protein-packed. I know you’re ready to run out the door and grab your sausage links, but before you do, make sure to take advantage of this $1 rebate!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringtheSizzle#CollectiveBias
Mini Sausage Quiches
3/8c half and half
3/8c egg whites
1/4 onion [optional]
Salt and pepper to taste
1 box of prepared pie crust
– Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
– Open your crust and unroll it on a flat surface
– Cut even circles in your dough to fit in your muffin pan. [I used the mouth side of a glass].
– Spray your pan!!
– Carefully push your dough into the muffin pan & set to the side.
– Cook your sausage links and place to the side to cool.
– If you are using onions, cook them until they start to brown. Set to the side.
– When your sausage cools, cut each link longways down the middle and then once across horizontally. This should make four pieces from each sausage link.
– Place two pieces [or more] of the sausage in your muffin pan.
– Add your onions and a pinch of cheese on top.
– Mix together your eggs, half and half, egg whites, garlic & salt and pepper.
– Pour in your egg mixture until it reaches the top of your crust.
– Cook for 12-15 minutes.
Do you have a favorite Sausage recipe? Post it below! I challenge you to try Brown ‘N Serve Sausage Links and see how much it speeds up your meal prep!!