You know, I used to be one of those people that complain about their day. It got to a point where I would come home everyday from whatever I was doing and just complain to Ian about how it went – it felt like we were never sharing anything positive. I feel like a lot of people are this way – the bad overweighs the good in everyday life. Something bad happens, so that’s what we talk about. When I made my 101 in 1001 list, I chose to put things on my list that would bring out the good in my life & instead of talking about what went wrong with my day, I began to talk about the good & what I was excited about.
You have a choice in life & it’s a saying that everyone knows. You can look at the glass half full, or you can look at the glass half empty. Do you really want to be concentrated on the bad things that are happening in your life, or can you put a positive spin on them and be happier? I’m not saying this is an easy thing to do; it will take a lot of time and effort to change your perspective on life, but to me, it is a change for the better. I don’t want people to think of me as the person that gossips, or talks about what went wrong with her day. I want people to think of me as someone that brings out the joy in life! Doesn’t everyone want that?
1. A roof over my head. Although we’ve had issues with our house lately, I am so thankful we have somewhere to live in such a great area of town.
2. My husband. He’s always there for me no matter what. [and he’s very good at killing yellow jacket nests for me]
3. Being able to take a road trip with my best friend.
4. Health insurance. It is such a luxury to be able to go to the doctor when you need to & not have to shell out a ton of money. Some people do not have this luxury & I’m very thankful that I do.
5. Rental cars!
6. Cool weather + Fall. Pumpkin, fall candles, soup + chili & some of the leaves in my yard are beginning to turn orange. It all makes me SO HAPPY.
7. Having dinner with friends. We recently had a five course dinner for Ian and Ky’s birthday.
9. Fitness. I have been involved in the #Charitychallenge lately. I love being able to help others while helping myself get fit.
10. Being able to travel. Ian and I have traveled so much over these past few months. So thankful.
11. Family. I am so lucky to have such a close relationship with my family. I really can’t imagine my life without them.
12. Eggs. This seems like a funny thing to be thankful for, but I have been on a soft boiled egg kick lately. They are so good…and so healthy!
13. Traditions. All of my old traditions like going to my Grandma’s for Christmas Eve & all of the new ones that we are starting to make.
14. Relaxing days. I feel like I have been so behind on everything lately, but my relaxing days are so helpful in catching up!
15. The color pink! Okay, so maybe this is another nontraditional think to be thankful for, but I just love this color so much! Doesn’t it make everything happier?! Plus, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, so I’ll be happily wearing my pink all month long. (Post coming soon about breast cancer awareness).
Thank you so much for including me in this link-up, Autumn. It really makes everything happier when we share things we are thankful for! 🙂