This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #PedigreeMoments #CollectiveBias
The best feeling in the world is coming home to two fuzzy tails wagging at you as you walk in the door after a long day at work. When I do work out of the house, I am usually gone for 10-11+ hours, which is a long time for my dogs to be alone. Each day, I always assume that they are going to be mad at me for leaving them for that long, but as soon as I do enter that door, their tails go wild and they are smiling from ear to ear. They are the most selfless pups in the world and I am so thankful.
When I am not working, I try to spoil them rotten! I try to feed them great food and lots of treats, we play ball constantly, snuggle in bed and now that I have been working out more, we also go on hikes at a mountain just a few minutes from my house! Getting out of the house has to be their favorite activity – they love socializing and exploring the area.
This past weekend, my sister came into town from Athens, so we decided to make a day out of our hiking trip, which is the best way to do it! We packed a backpack, grabbed the dogs and headed out the door. It was the perfect day. We walked all around the Kennesaw Mountain area and we even had a small picnic while there. Today, I want to share with you all some pictures of our day and also show you how you can pack a backpack for yourself and your dogs!
How to Pack a Hiking Backpack for You & Your Dogs
Step 1: Find a backpack that works for you.
The backpack I chose was one that I have had since college. It is not anything fancy, but I love that it has two compartments and also side pockets and a front pocket!
Step 2: Pack your hiking essentials!
– water bottles
– a fitness tracker (if you use one)
– your phone
– any snacks that you might need if it is a long hike
Step 3: Pack your picnic essentials!
– a big blanket that will fit yourselves and your dogs
– a lunch for yourself. I love to pack a big bottle of sparkling wine, cheese and crackers and a treat. Another good option if you want something a little more casual is a sandwich, some chips and a cookie! This trip, we just packed sandwiches and popcorn, which was extremely easy.
– a lunch (or snack) and treat for the pups! They have worked hard too and you need to treat them! I love bringing a little container to fill with water and when they are done with that, I fill the bowl with some PEDIGREE® Dry Complete Nutrition Chicken Large Breed and mix in a PEDIGREE® POUCH 8ct Beef, Bacon, & Cheese/Hearty Chicken! I found these at Walmart in the pet section and the girls go crazy for them – anytime I put it in their food, they gobble it up right away. It really is just like a treat on top of the dry food. I’ve always struggled with feeding them on the go and thankfully, it is so much easier now with PEDIGREE® POUCH 8ct Beef, Bacon, & Cheese/Hearty Chicken. It is an easy to tear pouch and I use the entire thing, so there are no messy leftovers in the backpack – I just toss the pouch and I’m good to go!
Step 4: Pack any extras.
This depends on you, but for me, this includes:
– sunscreen and bug spray
Step 5: Head out the door and have an amazing day!!
Next time you are shopping for your dog, look for PEDIGREE® POUCH 8ct Beef, Bacon, & Cheese/Hearty Chicken at Walmart in the pet food section and let me know what you think!! How do you spoil your pup?